Cromwell Medical Centre
Cromwell Medical Centre is currently closed.
Wormley Medical Centre
Wormley Medical Centre is currently closed.
Please note only our telephone lines are open between 8am – 9am (Wormley Site).
Our Doors are closed between 12:30pm to 1:30pm (Cromwell Site), Monday to Friday but our phone lines remain open (for emergencies )
Out of Hours Service – NHS 111
If you urgently need to see a doctor and the surgery is closed, call NHS 111 for health advice or a doctors appointment.
NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
Call NHS 111 if
- You need medical help fast but it’s not an emergency
- You don’t have a GP
- You need to access a GP but your surgery is closed
- You don’t know who to call
- You need health information or reassurance about what to do next
When you call NHS 111, a team of fully trained healthcare advisors supported by clinical advisors is here to help you.
They will ask you questions to assess you and can also give you fast and easy access to a range of clinical staff if required, including GPs, nurses and prescribing pharmacists.
NHS111 can then direct you further to the local health service which can help you best. This could be an out-of-hours doctor, a late-opening pharmacy or an urgent care centre.
Benefits of calling NHS 111 when your GP is closed
- Get advice from a wide range of healthcare professionals including GPs, nurses, pharmacists and mental health professionals
- No time spent waiting at A&E if your condition could be better treated elsewhere
- Your GP will receive a report of the service we provided for their records if you are happy for us to do so, making sure they are aware of any special help you might need
- Different healthcare services and providers are now connected, making it easier for you to get the help you need
- If you have complex needs, you could be given quicker access to the help you require
- You will be cared for in the right place for your health needs, ensuring you receive the right care for your condition